Pawleys Island, South Carolina, is a gorgeous beach town home to miles of wide, white-sand beaches and some of the best water in the world. It’s a popular choice for families and couples looking for an escape from their busy lives. Beach lovers frequent Pawleys Island’s shores year-round to enjoy the sandy shores or to go scuba diving.
But if you’re not a water person, there are many activities like fishing, hiking, and golfing to keep you busy during your vacation. Here’s what you need about Pawleys Island so you can make the most of your trip!
Where Is Pawleys Island?
Pawleys Island is in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina. It’s about 20-minutes from Myrtle Beach and about an hour from Charleston.
How To Get To Pawleys Island?
There are a few options for how to get to Pawleys Island SC. The most popular way is by car. If you don’t have your car, several companies offer transportation from Charleston to Pawleys Island.
If you’re traveling by boat, you’ll need to take a ferry from Georgetown in South Carolina, or Charleston in South Carolina. Depending on the ferry company, there may be different prices and rules for getting onto the ferry.
What Are The Top Activities In Pawleys Island?
Pawleys Island is a hotspot for vacationers looking to escape the cold weather of Northern states. So, if you are visiting this coastal town, what are some of the top activities to take part in?
- Beach time: Plenty of people visit Pawleys Island for the pristine beaches. The island offers beautiful beaches and stunning homes that offer views of the ocean.
- Ecological tours: The nature preserve has plenty of things to see, like alligators, turtles, and other wildlife.
- Hiking: There are many opportunities for hiking on and near Pawleys Island. There are trails on the beach as well as inland trails in nearby forests.
- Boating: Be sure to bring a boat or kayak with you if you plan to visit this low country town! You can rent boats at several different locations around Pawleys Island.
- Fishing: Bring your fishing pole and explore some of South Carolina’s saltwater creeks while you’re here. For a day full of fun in the sun, head over to Pawleys Island!
Why Visit Pawleys Island This Winter?
Pawleys Island is a small beach town located on the southeast coast of South Carolina. Since the 1920s, this place has been a hotspot for vacationers looking to escape the cold weather and head south. The town offers beautiful beaches, stunning homes and restaurants, and plenty more to explore.
The island’s nickname is “the Lowcountry” because it’s found at the bottom of South Carolina. Pawleys Island can be accessed by car or boat. Here are some of the most popular things to do while you’re visiting this low country town:
– Take an old-fashioned horse carriage ride through town
– Visit Fort Marion to learn about the history of this remarkable World War II fortification
– Tour Withers Wax Museum: America’s largest wax museum!
– View nature at its finest by taking a boardwalk stroll through Wild Dunes Nature Preserve