Newborns are only this small once. Time passes by so quickly and it feels like just yesterday they were in your arms as a tiny bundle. You want to remember this time forever and what better way to do that than by printing some beautiful photographs? You don’t have to be a professional photographer to take great pictures of your new baby. Just follow these simple tips by Willow and Mohr Photography and you will be on your way to creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Capture the perfect newborn photo
- Find the perfect time of day to take pictures. Newborns tend to be sleepy and calm in the morning, so try to schedule your photo session for then if possible. If not, any time of day will do as long as your little one is alert and happy.
- Choose the right location. A newborn photoshoot can be done anywhere that has good lighting and is quiet and serene. A nursery or bedroom usually makes for a nice backdrop, but feel free to get creative. The most important thing is that you are comfortable and can easily access all the props and gear you need.
- Get down on their level. When taking photos of your newborn, it is important to get down on their level. This will help you capture their size and innocence in the best way possible. Pick up a low stool or bean bag and place it on the floor next to where you will be taking the photo so you can easily sit or lie down when it’s time to snap the picture.
- Use natural light whenever possible. There is nothing more flattering than natural light, so try to take advantage of it as much as possible.
- Be patient… very patient! Newborns tend to have their own agenda, so it is important to go at their pace and not force anything. If they need a feeding or diaper change break, take one!.
- Capture everyday moments . Capturing posed photographs is great, but don’t forget about all of the special little moments that happen in between!.Newborns grow SO quickly – before you know it they will be sitting up, crawling around, and into everything! Snapping pictures of all those everyday moments will help you remember just how tiny they once were..
- Have fun! This is probably one of the most important tips because if YOU are not enjoying yourself, it will show in the photos! So relax, go with the flow,and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
In the end
Bringing home a new baby is such an amazing time that you will want to remember forever! With these simple tips,you can take beautiful photographs that you will cherish for a lifetime. Have fun with it and enjoy this special time! Soon they will be all grown up!